Saturday, November 9, 2013

Oreo Truffles



After those awesome Belgian cookies with chocolate on top, Oreo's are my second favorite. These truffles combine a few things I love- Oreo's, cream cheese, and chocolate.

For these truffles, I really recommend using a higher quality chocolate. While I don't suggest you go out and buy chocolate that costs ten dollars an ounce, Hershey's standard just won't cut it. When I made these, I used Ghirardelli.


Oreo Truffles:


1 package Oreo's

1 package softened cream cheese
6-8 oz chocolate
1 tbs butter (It depends on the chocolate though. I has to be liquid-y enough to dip the truffles in)

Directions: 

1. Use a food processor or a well-washed meat grinder to make the cookies into crumbs.

2. Mix a softened package of cream cheese into the cookie crumbs. Honestly, I usually use my hands for this step. Using a spoon is just too tedious. 


3. Shape the cookie mixture into balls, and place them on a cookie sheet. I use an ice-cream scoop for this step so they are all uniform. 


4. Once you are done with shaping all the balls, pop them into the refrigerator.


5. While the truffles harden, use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Once it is completely melted, add the butter and mix.


6. Dip the cold truffles in chocolate. Place them back on the cookie sheet and return to the refrigerator until the chocolate is solidified. This is defiantly the hardest part. Dipping doesn't really work well for me, so I impaled each one with a fork and slowly spun it in the the chocolate until it was completely covered. 


7. Once the chocolate has hardened, use a spatula to lift up the truffles and put them on a plate. (Don't stack them or they will melt and stick together).


8. (Optional) To make them prettier, you can melt white chocolate (without adding butter this time) and put in a ziploc bag. Let it set for about a minute, and cut a tiny hole off a corner. Use this to drizzle a zigzag on each truffle.



These are super simple to make, and if they were not so filling, I would probably eat them in one sitting.


-Oksana

No comments:

Post a Comment